Clienteling isn’t a new theory. It can be traced back hundreds of years when shopkeepers …
The new 3.2 release of SymmetricDS Pro software includes support for the SQLite database, integration with external systems, flexible synchronization options, and an updated web console interface.
Westerville, Ohio – December 19, 2012 – JumpMind, a leading provider of database integration software, today announced the immediate availability of SymmetricDS Pro version 3.2, the company’s flagship database synchronization product. The 3.2 release builds on the software’s traditional strengths of wide database support, flexible synchronization, and disconnected operation. SymmetricDS Pro also provides easy configuration, scalability to thousands of databases, and always-on capabilities that guarantee data capture and delivery. The powerful feature set enables organizations to accelerate projects and reduce costs while improving accessibility of critical data to their businesses.
“We continue to evolve and enhance SymmetricDS based on the needs of our growing customer base, ” said Greg Wilmer, President and CEO of JumpMind. “Our customers truly are the focal point in our product strategy and roadmap. This release sees exciting new features including additional database dialect support for SQLite, and file based endpoints for synchronization targets, so sending files to that legacy system just got a whole lot easier.”
New features highlighted in this release include:
1. SQLite database support. Capture and synchronize data with the SQLite database on mobile and desktop systems. Especially suited for low-memory, low-overhead environments, the combination of SymmetricDS Pro and SQLite provide a powerful application synchronization solution.
2. Send Change Data Over S/FTP. Capture change data and send it to remote systems over Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) as comma-separate value (CSV) files. Integrate changes from a local database with an external system such as a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider. File transfers are tracked with the same guaranteed delivery mechanism used for batches.
3. Flexible Synchronization. More options to meet data synchronization requirements, including synthetic keys and geometric data types. Synthetic keys specify the columns to use for updates and deletes when the primary key does not match between the source and target databases. Geometric data types containing spatial information can now be synced between MySQL, Oracle, SQL-Server, PostgreSQL, and Greenplum databases.
4. Audit Tables. Leverage the data capture system to record changes made to an original table with an audit table that maintains history. An audit table mirrors an original table with additional columns to track sequence, time, and change type. The system automatically creates and maintains the audit tables.
5. Updated Web Console. Navigate through screens more easily to edit configuration, monitor, and troubleshoot. Integrate user logins with a lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP) server for single sign-on (SSO). A new support snapshot tool makes it easy to send configuration and logs to support center for analysis.
SymmetricDS enables organizations to design high-quality integration solutions quickly to consolidate, distribute, bridge, and replicate databases. Consolidate thousands of databases to a central node using one or more tiers of synchronization. Distribute data from a central database into subsets at remote databases. Bridge data between disparate applications using data transformation. Backup critical data with continuous replication to a standby database in an active/passive arrangement. Replicate data across multiple databases in an active/active configuration that improves access to data.
Compared to other synchronization solutions, SymmetricDS has several advantages. Database Independent: Compatibility is a key aspect of SymmetricDS, which supports 13 major database platforms, making it the perfect choice for the heterogeneous enterprise. Easy of Use: Configuration is both easy and flexible with lots of options for advanced configuration and a plug-in architecture for customization. Scaling and Performance: Large networks of thousands of nodes is possible because SymmetricDS is optimized to handle simultaneous requests and load data quickly. With settings for management of memory, connections, and clustering, a deployment can be tuned for both big and small environments. Adverse Networks: Sync data across networks with low bandwidth usage and withstand periods of network outage. SymmetricDS guarantees replication by tracking data and automatically retrying errors.
JumpMind is the world-wide provider of enterprise products and services based on SymmetricDS, the most advanced open source replication and synchronization software for databases in heterogeneous environments. Our mission is to build software that is creative, practical, and easy to use. With SymmetricDS software solutions, our customers enjoy guaranteed replication of data without use of special drivers or modifications to applications, improved accessibility of critical business data, and protection of sensitive data through encryption and filtering. We back our products with an expert staff who provide support, consulting, training, and development services. For more information, visit http://www.jumpmind.com.